In my ongoing tenure as a stay at home dad I have learned how to improvise. One item in particular that has come in handy is the flour tortilla. Lunch, dinner or dessert - the tortilla has yet to fail me. It has also been a fun way to get Elle involved in the kitchen. She always looks forward to helping me cook.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly on a tortilla is one of Elle's favorites. I just flip on the broiler on low to warm up the tortilla and then Elle helps to apply just the right amount of PB & J.
- Quick Tortilla Pizza. It's as easy as sauce, mozzarella, and toppings. Elle's favorite additions at this moment are olives and mushrooms. I either bake it 'til the cheese melts or I use the broiler on low.
- Need a quick and easy snack or lunch? All you need to do is toast the tortilla and slice it into triangles with a pizza cutter. I serve it with hummus and feta cheese. Sometimes I set the slices up and sometimes Elle likes the independence of doing it herself.
- Super easy dessert is accomplished by adding the always great Nutella either by itself or accompanied with fresh fruit. I prep the tortillas, fold and place them under the broiler on low for about two minutes per side and dessert is served.
- Often for breakfast I make eggs and place them on top of the tortilla, add salt & pepper, cheese and again make use of the broiler to melt the cheese.